Good news/bad news time.
The good news: you just found cheap movers in Rochester, NY. Your moving problems are solved!
The bad news: you just found cheap movers in Rochester, NY. Your moving problems might just be starting!
Hiring a moving company in Rochester because they’re the cheapest – especially if the price seems really low – isn’t the best way to approach relocating. You might get lucky, and it’ll all be smooth sailing. But don’t count on it.
It’s a good idea to wonder why movers offer bargain basement rates. If you are lucky, the reason is not-so-good. If you’re especially unlucky, you could find the reason devastating.
The Less-Bad Option – Rochester Cheap Movers
Really cheap movers might simply be part-timers looking to bring home some extra cash. They’re not out to cheat you.
They’ll work hard, but they’re not professionals. They don’t have the equipment, training and experience needed to ensure their work is safe. This put your belongings –- and the movers themselves -– at risk of injury. And they can’t operate as long distance movers in Rochester, unlike our long distance movers.
You’re paying for their services, but cheap movers might not be any more capable and reliable than friends and family you could corral to help you.
Reputable professional movers meet certain standards.
- Home visits: They’ll come to your house and look around before giving you an estimate. They’re not nosy…professional movers just want to be sure they know exactly what needs to be transported. This ensures the accuracy of your estimate. No unpleasant surprises.
- Happy histories: Dependable movers refer you to past clients. The company isn’t afraid of what former customers might say. Personal recommendations are great advertisements. And don’t forget to check with the Better Business Bureau!
- Government oversight: Moving companies are bound by state regulations.
In addition, companies who transport customers’ belongings between states must register with the U.S. Department of Transportation.
- Adequate Insurance: Professional movers have basic liability coverage policies. However, if you have some particularly delicate or expensive items, the company can offer you additional insurance options. You have choices.
- Know-how: Professional movers have the training to handle your belongings so nothing and no one gets injured. They also know their way around Rochester, NY and won’t try to get your friends to help you.
The Really, Really, Really Bad Option
Really cheap movers in Rochester, NY might also be really bad. Really, really bad. And not bad like they’ll drop things and scratch your furniture. Bad like they’ll rip you off.
Some cheap movers offer attractive prices up front, but when it’s time to unload the truck, they change their tune. All of a sudden you’re on the line for hundreds or thousands of more dollars. If you don’t pay, they won’t give back your belongings. Even if you get some items returned safely, others might be damaged or missing.
In another scam, movers promise cheap services. However, you have to pay a substantial deposit before moving day. Can you see where this is leading?
On moving day, the company truck and workers are nowhere to be found. You’re left high and dry.
Important tip: legitimate moving companies don’t ask for big deposits. Many don’t require any money up front.
The First-Rate Option Compared to Cheap Movers in Rochester, NY
That would be us. Champion Moving and Storage is an agent of Allied Van Lines in Rochester NY. We’re professional all the way. Our rates are honest and fair, and our service is top-notch.
It’s all good news at Champion Moving and Storage.